This workshop, facilitated by Bookshare Certified Professional Development Trainer Karen Narvol and designed by Perkins eLearning, offers staff development that will have long-lasting impact on teachers as well as improved outcomes for students with print disabilities.
This workshop is designed to provide hands-on experience with your organizational and individual memberships, and a community of practice of professionals working with students who are blind, deafblind, or visually impaired, including those with additional disabilities.
As a result of the session, participants will have practice:
- Identifying qualified students and assessing their membership options
- Organizing sponsors for an organizational account
- Locating accessible instructional materials and integrating them into the classroom for qualified students
- Equalizing education for students with print disabilities & improving student outcomes through technology
- Using compatible Assistive Technology Software
- Creating meaningful educational experiences with accessible educational materials